- Adult Learn to Ski Day: 1 PM - 3:30 Jan 7. Preregister with email@example.com
- Family Day, Saturday December 10, 2016, 1:30-3:30 at the Bear Mountain Nordic Trails on Radar Lake Road.
This is an opportunity to register for club memberships, register children for the youth program, and receive equipment for your children.
To download registration forms and directions to the facility please go to www.nordicski.ca. Forms will also be provided at the event.
There will have a brief introduction to the cross country skiing and the program as well as some hot dogs and refreshments.
The club will continue to supply equipment to children ages 6-15 who are registered in the youth program.
Ex-prez, Chris Garwah
- Annual General Meeting Thurs May 26, 6:30-9:00 PM, in the conference room at the Super 8 Motel/Solas. Be sure to attend! We'll have dinner, review the year, and hold nominations/elections for the Board. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (11-12 June 2016) Member Help with Funding
Help with Golf Tournament...Benefits to BMNSA as high as $5000 if you help. Call or write Jim Johnson if you can help out or organize.
- Presidents Message(Autumn)
Winter is around the corner and another exciting year of crosscountry skiing beckons.... (more)
Welcome to our cross country website!
The Bear Mountain Nordic Ski Association [BMNSA] is a non-profit recreational association, in association with Cross Country BC [see below], to provide access, facilities and opportunities for all ages to learn and experience the sport of cross country skiing in the South Peace Region on the Peace River Regional District Area. We are volunteered based with no paid staff.
The trails are available for all-season use; we encourage hiking, cross-country running, wildlife-viewing, mountain biking, horseback riding, orienteering, outdoor environmental studies and similar non-motorized recreational activities.
Cross Country BC is the provincial sport governing body for cross country skiing in British Columbia. As such Cross Country BC partners with other provincial/territorial sport governing bodies for cross-country skiing and together they constitute a national sport organization - Visit http://www.crosscountrybc.ca
Goals of the Bear Mountain Nordic Ski Association:
- - Provide a facility which adds to the year around quality of life in the Dawson Creek and Peace River Regional District South Peace Area
- Increase club membership to 400 members by 2016 with a focus on kids, youth, families and seniors throughout the Peace River Region
- - Increase opportunities to develop the physical fitness and health of the region's population
- - Provide a competition class Nordic Ski facility for hosted Northern and BC Winter Games
- - Provide a competition class Nordic Ski training facility to support the development of Nordic skiing in our region
- - Continue our tradition with volunteerism, multiplying greatly the impact of each dollar we obtain in support of our projects.