- (Sat., 30 Jan 2016) Beginner Adult Lessons
1;30 PM. Pre-register with Judy C. $40 all-inclusive ... (more).
- (Sat., 23 Jan 2016) MOONLIGHT SKI
Meet at 7:00 PM, Hot Chocolate at Grizz Hut We will meet at the trailhead...
- (2016)The Omineca Ski Club will be hosting the Lakes Loppet on February 28th 2016 -
- Presidents Message(Autumn)
Winter is around the corner and another exciting year of crosscountry skiing beckons.... (more)
Welcome to our cross country website!
The Bear Mountain Nordic Ski Association [BMNSA] is a non-profit recreational association, in association with Cross Country BC [see below], to provide access, facilities and opportunities for all ages to learn and experience the sport of cross country skiing in the South Peace Region on the Peace River Regional District Area. We are volunteered based with no paid staff.
The trails are available for all-season use; we encourage hiking, cross-country running, wildlife-viewing, mountain biking, horseback riding, orienteering, outdoor environmental studies and similar non-motorized recreational activities.
Cross Country BC is the provincial sport governing body for cross country skiing in British Columbia. As such Cross Country BC partners with other provincial/territorial sport governing bodies for cross-country skiing and together they constitute a national sport organization - Visit http://www.crosscountrybc.ca
Goals of the Bear Mountain Nordic Ski Association:
- - Provide a facility which adds to the year around quality of life in the Dawson Creek and Peace River Regional District South Peace Area
- Increase club membership to 400 members by 2016 with a focus on kids, youth, families and seniors throughout the Peace River Region
- - Increase opportunities to develop the physical fitness and health of the region's population
- - Provide a competition class Nordic Ski facility for hosted Northern and BC Winter Games
- - Provide a competition class Nordic Ski training facility to support the development of Nordic skiing in our region
- - Continue our tradition with volunteerism, multiplying greatly the impact of each dollar we obtain in support of our projects.